The idea of bringing Hungarian and European artwork into the UK came when I visited a gallery in Budapest, Hungary where I purchased a painting. This opened my eyes that Hungary has a vibrant, exciting and talented art scene and these emerging and established artists should be given an opportunity to be shown to a wider audience. At the beginning I started with 2 artists but since then our team has grown and growing all the time. Artists coming to me being interested in this opportunity showing their artwork in the UK too. These artists are known in their close and wider community , regularly exhibiting in their own country, Our aim is to find and promote new Hungarian and European artists and their artwork in the UK.
Please look at our Gallery and discover yourself!
I was born in 1985 in Budapest, Hungary. I have been drawing since I was a child but I have only been painting since 2013. I had my first exhibition in 2014. My work can be found in many galleries in Hungary. In my paintings I use oil paints , with a back erasing technique. My themes are usually the Hungarian landscape in a unique world of fantasy.
Date and place of birth: 17th May 2002, Budapest, Hungary
Professional Education and Memberships:
• 2017 – present: István Simkó Art School
• 2016 – present: Secondary School of Visual Arts, Budapest – currently in Year 2 of the Painting programme
• 2011 – present: Szimultán Art School (Art director: Norbert Bukta) Read more ...
• English – Upper intermediate level
• Group exhibition “Enyészet“ at Újlipótvárosi Klub Galéria
• Orsolya Csirke Art Contest and Exhibition – Special Award
• Young Generation Group Exhibition and Art Fair at Godot Gallery – Special Award, Invitation to Imre Bukta’s Artists’ Residence
• Dorian Grey Exhibition and Auction at the Budapest Operetta & Musical Theatre
• Parallax Art Fair (Manchester, Nov 2018)
• Paraphrase on Judit Reigl’s paintings, private order for an interior space
• 6 paintings (oil on canvas) sold at the YG Art Fair (Godot Gallery)
• Japanese family portrait and Portrait of Jesus, private order
• A depresszió több arca (Faces of Depression) (oil on canvas), sold to an American collector
• Dorian Grey, Ernst Gallery, sold at the DG Exhibition and Auction
Areas of interest:
• The art and social message of Basquiat
• R.B. Kitaj, David Hockney
• The paintings of Lucian Freud
• Egon Schiele
• Fauvism, Henri Matisse
• Menyhért Tóth
• Frank Auerbach
I am Ildiko Piszkator glass mosaic and painting artist. Since my childhood I had realised that art was my way. In my work I am continuously trying to find new ways ,use new materials, techniques and I try to encourage my pupils to do the same. I started as a teacher so I know I can work with children and with adults too and I can help them to develop the happiness of the work of art. I have done interior design, glass mosaic and contemporary art courses and I used to be an interior designer. In term times I hold art courses for children and for adults I hold home décor workshops.
I was born and grown up in Budapest.
I graduated in international trade relations in 1982 and started to work as a trade representative in an export import company. I travelled to many countries on business and also privately all over the world.
I have two children, a boy born in 1991, and a girl born in 1995.
In 1998 I started to draw and paint as a hobby in the Buda Drawing School, where I was trained and I could developed my amateur enthusiasm. We were specialized on portrait and landscape drawing and oil painting and charcoal study drawing of models. Read more ...
Since 2012 I became the student of Eva Takacs, a well-known Hungarian artist.
Since April 2014 I am the member of the Buda Art Society.
I had over 10 exhibitions and sold many of my paintings, to contribute to my family’s living.
I am László Kocsis, the creator of Modular Graphics. I was born in 1969 in Debrecen. I lived in Israel for twenty years and travelled to the Middle East (Israel, Sinai, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon), where I was watching and studying the local people and minorities world and expressions in art. Returning home, this world of spectacle has been mixed with the Euro-Christian culture and habit. Travelling through twenty-eight states, crossing the American continent, I got under the influence of native and jinn Americans, this was integrated with mechanical engineering elements, creating two and three dimensional drawings with existing and non-existent bodies. Read more ...
The viewers, who come closer to the drawings, find themselves amongst the chaotic floating objects and bodies; which slowly settle along invisible arcs, and begin to sweep the eyes. The figures where they are spatial, or two dimensional, are constantly spreading the images into realistic reality areas. Moving away from the graphics, another pattern of ordering appears among them; returning the viewer’s soul to the calm, the eyes to the light contemplation The first series of ink drawings were made in San Francisco, after 2000 when I was a member of the Mill Valley Artisan’s gallery.In this period started to emerge the Modular Graphics , these graphics are the first series, the “Palaeo” Modular Graphics.The images are not chronologically followed starting with simple drawings and moving to more and more complex graphics.
The second section covers the period 2010-2012, which can be interpreted as the second wave. I moved back to Hungary to my native country where I hardly made an impact, while Modular graphics had a significant wave in the United States and had a noticeable impact, especially on the artists on the west coast.
In 2013, Modular Graphics as a style renewed, new roots were added with new modules, the formal world changed, new elements emerged. There is a need to apply next to black ink gold paint, to mix watercolor and experimental techniques into the drawings.
Since 2006 I have been working as a graphic designer. I have created many billboards, posters, book and CD covers and a variety of decorations. I was editor-in-chief of E-Banc Trade Hungary business magazine, designer of Speed and Style for Compass and Waiting Magazines. Working on the computer opened new possibilities for me. First, I made computer-generated mutations from hand-made graphics, and then, as a completely self-made creative process, I have been playing with different ways.
Since 2012 I am a member of Jenő Maticska, a self-training circle founded in Nagybánya.
• 2009-2016: Doctorate in Fine Arts, University of Pécs, Faculty of Musik and Visual Art, Pécs, Hungary
• 1994-1999: MFA, University of Pécs, Faculty of Music and Visual Arts, Pécs, Hungary
• 1998: Akademie der Bildenden Künste München, Germany
• 2016: Third prize, The International Postcard Show, Surface Gallery, Nottingham
• 2014: The Culture of Debrecen Award
• 2012: NKA (National Cultural Fund) Support (Síkhegy Group) Read more ...
• 2012: The “Hídépitő” Co. Megyer bridge tender, I. Prize
• 2010: The University of Debrecen Centennial Logo Competition-I. Prize
• 2007: Strabag painting Award, creative support
• 2004: XLIII. Medalla Gaudi (I. Prise), Reus, Spain
• 1998: Scholarship of Erasmus/ Socrates program, Akademie der Bildenden Künste München, Germany
• 2012: “Síkhegy” Group, Debrecen, Hungary
• 2010: “Közelités” Art Association, Pécs, Hungary
• 2002: Hungarian Creative Artists’ National Association Federation of the Fine and Applied Arts Craftsmenship
• 2018: Patch-Works, Central Library, Nottingham
• 2016: Transpattern, Surface Gallery, Nottingham
• 2014: Exhibition for Doctoral Exam, Doctorate in Fine Arts, University of Pécs, Fakulty of Musik and Visual Art, Pécs, Hungary
• 2013: “Exhibition of Two Artis in Debrecen” (with János Kujbus) HALKÖZ Gallery, Debrecen, Hungary
• 2012: “Three” (with János Kujbus and Tamás Potyók), Vizivárosi Gallery, Budapest, Hungary
• 2009: “Tolvaj, Tóth, Kujbus” City Gallery of Gyula Pál, Nyíregyháza, Hungary
• 2008: “Paternoster”, Műterem Gallery, Debrecen, Hungary
• 2007: “Even pictures”, Ferenc Karacs Museum, Püspökladány, Hungary
• 2003: “Sketchbook”, Újkert Photoclub, Debrecen, Hungary
• 2003: “Light-pictures”, University of Debrecen Conservatory, Debrecen, Hungary
• 2000, 2002: “iInside-objects”, Gallery Kiss, Debrecen, Hungary
• 2000: “Lightpaintings”, Multy Photo Gallery, Debrecen, Hungary
Selected Collective Exhibition
“Leftovers”, Surface Gallery, Nottingham
• “Re:surface”, Surface Gallery, Nottingham
• “Facebook, likes, selfies…”, D17 Gallery, Budapest
• “International Postcard Show”, Surface Gallery, Nottingham
• “Christmas discounting”, MÜSZI, Budapest
• “Look Up: Journeys of Ideas” event and exhibition, Nottingham Contemporary, Nottingham
• “Unique from Debrecen”, “Síkhegy” group, Art IX-XI Gallery, Budapest
• “Art mobilized”, Mamü Gallery, Budapest
• “Home sweet home”, “Síkhegy csoport”, Artus Studió, Budapest
• “Colors and forms”, Bálna Gallery, Budapest
• “Retrospektive rethought”, Mamü Gallery, Budapest
• “The Idol Falls” , PP Center, Budapest
• “OOPS”, Partizan Street Sesion” Graffitti and Exhibition, PP Center, Budapest
• “St. Matrix”, Gallery Latarka, Budapest
• “III. Show-window Art Attack” directed by the Modem, downtown, Debrecen, Hungary
• “St. Matrix”, Gallery Sesztina, Debrecen, Hungary
• The Exhibition of “Síkhegy” Group, Gallery MAMÜ, Budapest, Hungary
• DLA Final Exhibition, Gallery Pécs, Hungary
• “DD11″, Gallery Kuko”, Drezden, Germany
• “DrebREcenSden”, Gallery Kuko, Drezden, Germany
• “Szindbád”, Gyula Pál Hall, Nyíregyháza, Hungary
• “Color Power-Scalechange 5.” Zsolnay Factory, Belga Hall, Pécs, Hungary
• “Photography in motion”, Nádor Gallery, Pécs, Hungary
• The “Közelítés” Art Society exhibition debut of new members, Hattyúház, Pécs, Hungary
• Akvarell’ 09, Gyula Pál Hall, Nyíregyháza, Hungary
• BAE (Budapest Art Expo) fresh, Art mill, Szentendre, Hungary
• Strabag Painting Exhibitions of Winners, Museum Ludwig, Budapest, Hungary
• “Away games-young art from Debrecen”, St. Gallen, Switzerland
• “Rectification I-IV (artistic research project), City Gallery, Tisztaújváros, Budapest, Nyíregyháza, Miskolc, Hungary
• “Natural images”, XIX. Photography biennial, Museum Duna, Esztergom, Hungarian Museum of Photography, Kecskemét
• “Fresh Art”, Műterem Gallery, Debrecen, Hungary
• Nagyvárad-Debrecen, Contemporary Art Salon, Nagyvárad, Rumania
• VI. Grotesque applications, Vaszary Picture Gallery, Kaposvár, Hungary
• V. Biennal International de Fotografia, XLIII: Medalla Gaudi, Reus, Spain
• III. International Art Exhibition, Shenyang, China
• The Teacher Training College of Nyíregyháza Faculty of Arts 35-year jubilee exhibition, City Gallery, Nyíregyháza, Hungary
• The members of the new painting MAOE (Hungarian Creative Artists’ National Association Federation of the Fine and Applied Arts Craftsmenship) Duna Gallery, Budapest, Hungary
• “Meetings”, The Multi Photo Gallery is Ten Years Old, Ferenc Medgyessy Museum, Debrecen, Hungary
• “Click”, Last Click of the new millennium, West End City Center, Budapest, Hungary
I was born in 1981 in Budapest, Hungary.
My qualification is clothing technician -fashion designer.
I have been drawing and painting since my childhood, but I have only taken painting seriously in the recent 3-4 years. Painting is for making myself happy and express my feelings. I learned it all by myself then I joined an art club lead by painter Kálmán Gasztonyi. I inherited my talent from my mother and grandfather. My mother designs and makes tablecloth and sews clothes. She is very good with her hands and she has a good sense of beauty. My grandfather made welded wooden statues so maybe thats where my love for trees is originated from. Read more ...
In the beginning I was painting and drawing landscape, still-life images and trees. On the other hand I’m interested in the world of tales and fantasy. The world opened to me and I started to make sketches. I’m inspired by the paintings of Boris Wallejo, Julie Bell and the wonderful surrealist dream world of Salvador Dalí.
I like the beauty of the nature so I often go for a trip or take pictures It provides me new ideas. I don’t have a main profile, I like painting both landscapes or fantasy images, depening on my actual feelings. Recently I’m interested in the Zendoodle style and Line Art style, combined with my own. I’m open to learn about new trends, because I’m constantly trying to expand my knowledge.
First I was using acrylic paint then oil paint. I like experimenting, mixing techniques. I still use dry pastell, oil pastell and watercolor then I decorate them with nail polish or gel pen. I mostly paint to streched canvas but I like to work with wood, stone and plastic surfaces too. My goal is to build a unique, recognizable style for myself. I like to use flowers, vines and Art Nouveau as recurring motifs. I like bright, decisive colors.
In 2015 I joined the Jancso Gallery .I participate in the gallery’s life ,I do my pantings there and I often have exhibitions at the gallery.
My very first exhibition was in 2013 in Budapest in the Karolyi Gallery.
Sometimes I get so involved making the details that I can’t put down the brush. It’s after midnight when I realize how much time has passed. Painting and the desire for creation has been becoming a passion in my life. If I have some free time I dedicate it to painting.
I was born in Debrecen in 1978 and moved near the Balaton with my family when I was little. During the Grammar School I became an art pupil of Dokus Eors artist who set me off on the way of oil painting. I have been working on my own for the last 15 years. I mainly paint street paintings, landscapes, I would like to bring back the smile on the faces of people. I have had exhibitions in Hungary in Budapest, Heviz, Keszthely, Szekesfehervar, Sotjor. and in many other cities. I am living in Heviz and I take part in many artist gatherings. I favour Plain-air style paintings.
(Debrecen , Hungary 27/12/1980)
Since my childhood I have been interested in drawing, I was always touched by forms and colours. Admiringly I turned towards the phenomena of nature hunting for forms and amusing myself embody them with my fantasy.
I finished College in an art faculty but didn’t get any closer to the nitty-gritty of art only the spiritual seeds seeped into my brain and soul. Read more ...
Despite all this after my College years for a while I didn’t draw or paint at all.
The demand of visualization started in 2011 by inner impulse, by impact of searching for different paths.
First I tried to reflect my whirling thoughts with a camera. For while I enjoyed myself in the world of optics and softwere.From this work I had an exhibition in 2012 in Debrecen , Hungary in the Bisztro Bar.
Later on I was drawn more and more to the materials of making paintings.
I feel I can be freer if I smell the paint and the diluent ,the weaves of the canvas scores,the paintbrush or pallette knife varnished wood case…and I alter the pictures I see according to my moods.
I was always dazzled by accuracy-liberal presentation…rigid composition-flimsy surface filling….and playing with colours.
I autodiduct teach myself but regurarly attend painting courses.
August 2017 was my first exhibition from my paintings in Debrecen, in the Incognito Bar.
At the moment the world of Plein -air attracts me,and I am trying to bring to life this technique in my paintings according to my feelings.
A fable about a man who started his life all over again at an age of 40 because he took a chance.
Nowadays Zoltan Jancso is a successful gallery manager and an artist to whom family traumas and a Mexican dream journey were his fuse.
Zoltan has a happy, easy going personality who isn’t in a treadmill.
In the past he was a butcher,chef,taxi driver,poker card-dealer, but he found his true profession at the age of 30. Read more ...
He was born in Paszto village in Hungary in 7th of July in 1970.Even in primary school he showed an artistic talent, but his farming parents didn’t believe in that. Zoltan’s art teacher saw in this educationally struggling boy a talent, embraced him, encouraged him and talked to him about art.
At the beginning his success was when he was given a cigarette for one of his drawings or in secondary school after entering a competition his drawing was displayed at the school.
After this unfortunately his hobby was forgotten, and he only picked up a pencil and a paintbrush in his later life.
This happened when he lost his mother and his brother. Painting was his therapy. Helped him to heal his haggard soul.
At the age of 40 his marriage broke down. In 2010 one of his friends invited him to Mexico to get over his pain. He had very little money and didn’t speak the language when he arrived at Mexico.
He planned his visit for 1 month, but he stayed for 4 years. During this time, he was charged with the locals’ calm and happy outlook on life. Zoltan soaked up the colours, ambiance, the scenery of the country and he was painting all the time.
He had more and more orders and exhibitions.
His best memory is when he had an exhibition in Tulum in the Pepe Nero Club,150 people came to see his paintings.
At the end he decided to move back to Hungary, he was missing his daughter.
In Hungary he had a surprising success when he was leading and art camp in Fonyod . A film director (Rajmund Panuvics) and his actress wife (Viktoria Farkas) visited his studio and it lead to a film which was shown in cinemas in Hungary with a title of “Jacky’s world”.
After moving back to Hungary he got married again and made new friends. Him and two other artists decided to do an interactive studio and gallery in a cellar in Budapest. After a hard work in 2014 the gallery opened. First under the name if Kazicum later Jancso Art Gallery. The gallery is open Wednesday-Saturday 4pm-8pm.
Because Jancso autodidact taught himself he is happy to help dedicated amateur artists. His main aim to accommodate the art seedling-trees, break down the mystery around art and bring closer the artwork to whom who are interested in it.
Zoltan is proud that in his self-run business he met kind, talented artists who are not rivals, meet up regularly in or outside of the gallery.
He also has exhibitions in the nearby Szimpla- garden.
There and in the gallery he has many visitors from abroad too.
The artist picks his themes from his own life. He only paints landscapes if he has been at the location.
He doesn’t like taking orders, he doesn’t want his work turning into soulless routine work where he can’t identify himself.
As an amateur he likes the humorous society criticism, he likes the colours of Cezanne, the bravery and wit of Picasso, the madness of Bosch, the way Modigliani seeing things also the landscapes from Laszlo Paal.
He continuously teaching himself. A few years ago he found an interest in the palette knife technic.
He has had exhibitions in Mexico, France, Romania.
His work can be found in lots of countries in Europe, in the USA, Russia, Cuba Mexico and Argentina.
Since I remember I always wanted to be an artist however my family’s financial state couldn’t make it happen.
My favourite past times were hiking, drawing and painting. So I took my inspirations and the topics for my artwork from nature. I was always drawn to the living, the mystique of life. Immersion in the details, organic shapes, patterns, natural forces and observing their features, investigating the mystics. I am a self-taught artist. I read a lot, train myself, I like trying out new techniques, materials, pushing my own boundaries. Read more ...
I like painting landscapes in the style of impressionism but at the same time the terms of abstract also attracts me.
Typical of my painting style is that the paint is applied in parts thickly and characteristically on the surface of the canvas. I use wide structured brushstrokes and vibrant colours.
For my paintings I use photos for reference but I move away from the reality.
This process speaks rather about feelings and spontaneity.
My aim is to resuscitate the feelings that I get spending time in nature, to mould impulses and impressions,to process the freedom ,the experimentation the joy and liberty.
In the creative process, during the birth of a picture not only the materials change what I use but I change too.
This is a journey into my deepest, innermost world, connection with myself, meditative timeless state, special feeling.
These abstract, mixed media paintings are part of the Wind-dance collection which were born in a very free and creative period to express the exhilaration in a playful way.
They visualise the movements,the elegance,the ease,the purity,the volatility,the fluidity,the transparency.
Making these paintings I used aqua-rel and acrylic paints also oil-chalks, tulle-felt pens and shiny metallic coloured paints . They also contain different paint stains and white tulle felt pen drawn signs which are all part of the paintings. The collection was made on a very good quality, fine textured 300g/m2 thickness acid-free Fabriano,aqua-rel papers ,which contains 20% cotton.
The signature can be found in the corners or on the back of the paintings.
I was born in 1976 in Koszeg,Hungary where I live and work.I started to draw and paint 25 years ago as a self-taught artist. I work with oil paint. I do commission paintings mainly, to make my living, I also try to find the unknown on the canvas,and try to grab the incomprehensible.Very hard to define my style.After many years of experimenting took shape this dreamy, blurred effect which are the characteristics of my paintings. I call them figurative-realistic paintings. I am really grateful for my clients my fans. They keep me going so I can concentrate on painting. My aim is to amaze my audience and bring glory with my paintings to my country.
I was born in Hungary, Debrecen in 1971.
I learnt the basics of painting at Medgyessy Ferenc circle of Fine Arts in Debrecen.
I studied at the University of Fine Arts in Budapest, Hungary where I gained my Degree in 1995 in 1997 my master’s degree.
I live and paint in Debrecen, Hungary.
In 2017 I was invited to Rome by the Hungarian Academy of Rome for a study trip, but I have also been on various study trips – Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria, Holland, Transylvania, Slovakia, Serbia.
I am a member of the National Association of Hungarian Artists and the Hungarian Painters Association of Fine Arts. Read more ...
1992 Debrecen Autumn exhibition
1993 Debrecen Autumn exhibition
1997 Debrecen Spring exhibition
1997 Debrecen Summer exhibition
1997 Debrecen DATE Gallery
1998 Debrecen Gallery
2006 Debrecen Spring exhibition
2006 Debrecen Summer exhibition
2009 Lille -France
2014 Padernborn -Germany
1993 Autumn exhibition Debrecen Award of Excellence
1995 Autumn exhibition Debrecen Award of Excellence
1996 National Millennium summer exhibition Award of the Hungarian Creative Artist National Association
1997 Spring exhibition Debrecen Award of Excellence
2005 Spring exhibition Debrecen Award of Excellence
2010 Hollo Laszlo prize
My ars poetics: ,,I see it so, that our age, very much showed what should do, very much said, very material and very noisy. For what I am looking in my environment and my works show what should do, that unsaid one, the quiet one, the mysterious one, the mystic.’ Member of The Association of Hungarian Fine Artists. I’m graduated in the Academy of Fine Arts Budapest. In my works I try to portray the atmosphere around me in this new century. In our Complex world I need to find an artistic language what can translate my vision of the mingling of cultures and emotions. For me, painting is a way of living, of expressing myself and my opinions, and I never cease to question and judge it. Read more ...
HUNGARIAN ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS.
Art camp in Tuscany in this June: https://www.artcamptuscany.com
My artworks are represented in private collections in Hungary, USA, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, France, Croatia, China, Dubai, Canada, Australia, Transylvania.
If we pay attention to ourselves, listen to our inner voices ,we notice our inner whiffle ,that our inner world is full of things ,our self-knowledge .Our lives, inner- selves are abstract and deep.
The questions are for me always how to express the unsaid , the feelings , the thoughts , the unformulated.
How to tell a friend , how was a concert? How was an exhibition? Have we got words for abstract feelings , thoughts which appear in the moment?
These are the questions which I ask myself day after day and as an artist I try to give answers with my art. What I can’t tell with words I show with my paintings.
Born: 1990, Budapest
Visual artist based in Budapest.
2018 – / Hungarian University of Fine Arts, Fine Art Teacher (HU)
2013 – 2018 / Hungarian University of Fine Arts, Painting (HU)
2016 / Accademia di Belle Arti di Macerata (IT)
Scholarships and Prizes:
2018 – Scholarship of the Iuventus Art Foundation
2017 – Janne Boros prize
2017 – Ari S. Kupsus Gallery prize
2016 – Erasmus scholarship, Macerata, Italy Read more ...
2018 – ’HighFive!’, Belgrad rkp., Budapest
2018 – ’GARDEN-VISAGE-PICTURE’, Gallery of Wine and Craft, Budapest
2018 – ’Deszkavízió’, Polish Institute, Budapest
2018 – ’Faces’, Diploma exhibition, MKE, Barcsay Hall, Budapest
2017 – ’Steps’, Gallery of Wine and Craft, Budapest
2017 – Ari S. Kupsus Gallery, Budapest
2017 – Workshop exhibition, Gallery of Csongrád, Csongrád
2017 – Fundamenta Amadeus exhibition, MKE, Barcsay Hall, Budapest
2017 – Ludwig exhibition, MKE, Barcsay Hall, Budapest
2016 – Pakk_art Christmas market exhibiton, Budapest
2016 – ‘On the road’, Gallery of Wine and Craft, Budapest
2016 – Workshop exhibition, Gallery of Csongrád
2015 – ‘Eleven Ősz’ installation, Budapest
2015 – Workshop exhibition, Museum of Laszlo Tari, Csongrád
2015 – ‘Eleven Tavasz, 1 Művész 1 Porta’ installation, Gellért square, Budapest
2015 – Pakk_art, Defo Labor, Budapest
2014 – Workshop exhibition, Gallery of Csongrád, Csongrád
2014 – Pakk_art, Higgs Field Gallery, Budapest